Group Discussion is a trusted comprehensive way to assess a candidate’s personality or worthiness for the given position. The group generally ranges from 4 to 10 people, whose abilities are measured in a time span of 20-30 minutes.
- SPEAK! SPEAK! SPEAK! Learn to articulate your point of view in a way that is easy for others to understand.
- Train yourself to be a good listener. Develop the patience to listen attentively.
- Practice structuring your thoughts and presenting them logically.
- The only way to prepare is to read more, do some vocabulary research, practise their pronunciation.
- Train your mind to think analytically, back up points by providing facts or statistics to support your idea to avoid empty points.
- Seek opportunities to discuss topics in groups.
- Acknowledge that everyone has something valuable to say
- Learn to be open-minded and recognise the fact that people think differently about issues.
- Take or make notes of important words or ideas that might come handy later in the discussion.
- Relax and remember it’s an opportunity to share ideas in a positive environment.